Project Delivery Methodology - Designed for customer satisfaction onshore and offshore.
Our Software Development Methodology is built on the Rational Unified Process (RUP), for both on-shore and off-shore staff. The methodology has unique features such as a Continuity Team Member who is attached to the project through all of its phases to ensure a seamless interface for the project's technical needs, and a Customer Services Manager as a single point of contact for the customer.
Most of the work for this phase will be done with the client on-site based on discussions with subject matter experts. The activities in this phase include:
- complete inventory of project assets, processes and the types of improvements necessary to set up the project.
- project definition and the preparation of a Final Design Document.
- customer acceptance and signoff on the business requirements and project definition.
Architecture and Design
This will be accomplished in a balanced combination of on-site and off-shore work. This phase addresses the translation of the business requirements into a technical solution: outlining the architecture and technical structure of the programs. The activities in this phase include:
- an architectural design which covers the design architecture as well as the interfaces indicating boundaries in the capability, if any.
- detailed design specifications, test plans, configuration management and risk mitigation activities for each component of the solution.
This is the largest of the technical phases and represents the majority of the activities of the engagement. A significant percentage of this activity is completed offshore. The activities in this phase include:
- software coding.
- test cases development.
- code reviews.
- unit level testing and integration testing.
This is the final phase where Maruthi transitions the final product back to the business or internal IT staff of an organization. Generally this phase includes Maruthi support of client testing, parallel processes if required and go-live and post-production technical support. The activities in this phase include:
- knowledge transfer to operations, business users, and IT staff.
- resolution of all reported defects.
- post-implementation support
- ongoing application or system maintenance services if desired.
Transition & Pilot Phase
In this stage key project members travel to the offshore location and transfer the knowledge through training. A pilot project may be deployed at the offshore location to verify the suitability of the defined processes and ramp up the offshore team.
In this phase, the process is fully operational and projects are executed as per the defined processes. Service levels are measured, improved and redefined to higher standards on a periodic basis.